About the Public Fund
The administration of the BRAG Public Fund is laid out in Clause 40 of the 2012 BRAG Constitution:
"40. Administration of the Public Fund.
(1) The fund is administered by a five person Board.
(2) The Board includes three persons who have professional and/or local community standing as distinct from obligations solely in regard to the cultural objectives of Braidwood Regional Arts Group Inc.
(3) The remaining two places on the Board are held by the President and Treasurer of Braidwood Regional Arts Group Inc.
(4) The President of Braidwood Regional Arts Group Inc. acts as Chair of the Board.
(5) The President has a casting vote.
(6) The Secretary of Braidwood Regional Arts Group Inc. acts as Secretary to the Board. The Secretary does not act as a member of the Board nor have the right to vote.
(7) The Board is an official sub-committee of the Management Committee of Braidwood Regional Arts Group Inc.
(8) No monies/assets in this fund can be distributed to members or office bearers of the Association, except as reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses incurred on behalf of the fund or proper remuneration for administrative services."
The Constitution of the Board
Chair: the President of BRAG Inc.
Members: Ms Debra Herman, Treasurer, BRAG Inc. Mr Huw Edwards, Solicitor, Mr Frank Judge CPA, Mrs Margaret Royds OAM
The functions and role of the Board
The Board of the Public Fund is an official sub-committee of the BRAG Committee and as such, the Board
- reports back to and advises the BRAG Management Committee, and
- supports the Treasurer in fulfilling the ATO and ROCO requirements in relation to the administration of the BRAG Public Fund in the Board's Trust.
The use of the Public Fund
Clause 47 of BRAG's constitution - Funds management, provides that "the funds of the association are to be used in pursuance of the objects of the association in such manner as the committee determines."
A copy of the BRAG Constitution is available for download on the BRAG's website